Friday, January 8, 2010

A letter to Trevor

My sweet first baby boy!! I had such a connection with you before you were even born. I knew your personality and little quirks way before I met you. You were startled very easily, and you still are, you were very laid back and that rang true until you turned 3, you always did this little shake of your foot in my rib cage, the first time I held you after you were born and all swaddled up, you shook that little foot as you were falling asleep. I was so excited that it was something you continued to do after you were born. You still do that on occasion just before you fall asleep and I get teary-eyed every time. You were the most laid back perfect baby in every way except sleeping. You never slept through night. I didn't mind though, I considered it our snuggle time. You loved to snuggle until you discovered toys were way more fun than me. You always fell asleep in your high chair when you were eating. I have lots of video. You started this high pitched squeal at 4 months old that Daddy and I called your joyful noise and you haven't stopped since. I always say God didn't give you an inside voice. You are very loud but I love it. Then you started snorting at 6 months to get people to laugh at you, it worked. The snorting went away but your ability to make people laugh did not. You have the most out-going fun personality. You were a very early talker at the ripe old age of 15 months you could speak in sentences, sentences that you could clearly understand. You could say things like "I want up" or "I want down" or " I want juice". People were always amazed at how clear your words were at such a young age. You didn't' start walking until you were 15 months old though, probably because I carried you all the time. I love your sweet fun personality and getting to know you better the last 3 years has been the best years of my life. I write down all the funny things you say in a journal so you can read them as you get older. There are a lot. All kids are funny and say cute things but because you could talk so early and hold a conversation so young, it made you the cutest thing ever. You are now becoming a little boy and not a toddler anymore. You are into super heroes and playing board games and games on your dads I-phone. You can work that thing better than I can. You are very aware of the world around you and very curious as well. You are very quick on your toes and you love to see what you can get away with. You have an excellent memory and love being around your family and friends. You are pretty much the life of the party, in fact your KDO teacher once told me "the dynamics of the room change when Trevor is here". I asked her "like in a good way?". She said "yes, he gets all the other kids going and playing, he's fun!" That is pretty much you in nut shell. You love junk food!! You do anything in your power to get chocolate but that has come in handy on many occasions. You talk and laugh in your sleep which I adore. Don't getfor (that is how you say forget) are silly kisses we give each other. The hot rod, fishy kisses, and old man kisses. These are my favorite kisses ever!! My favorite thing lately has been watching you become a big brother. You rock!! You are so sweet to Cruz. I can tell you really love him. You already stick up for him and teach him things. You kiss and hug him all day and your very good at calming him down if he is upset. I love to watch the two of you together. I could go on and on about you. Your smile means the world to me and I will to anything to see it. Your a mommy's boy through and through and I hope our bond and relationship continues to grow forever.

1 comment:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

He really does have such a fun personality!!!